Dear Staff and Faculty,
Flu season is in full swing and, additionally, there’s also an ongoing outbreak of pneumonia first identified in Wuhan, China, caused by a novel coronavirus, 2019-nCoV.
Now is the time to take good care of yourself and others.
Tips to help you avoid the flu and other illnesses:
- Get a FLU SHOT now at Walgreens Pharmacy
- WASH or sanitize your hands frequently
- AVOID touching your eyes, nose, or mouth
- CLEAN things that are touched often (keyboards, phones)
- AVOID close contact with others who are sick
Ways to reduce the spread of the flu and other illnesses:
- COVER your COUGHS and sneezes with a tissue or cough/sneeze into your sleeve
- WASH or sanitize your HANDS frequently
- STAY HOME if you’re sick in order to avoid exposing others
- Students may take advantage of the Meal Plan Pick-Up Program offered by Dining Services
Call your primary care provider or visit an urgent care center if you’re not feeling well, especially if you experience:
fever and cough/difficulty breathing AND in the 14 days before you experienced symptoms, you traveled from Wuhan City, China – or – you had close contact (waiting room, plane, etc.) with a person who is under investigation for 2019-nCoV while that person was ill or close contact with an ill laboratory-confirmed 2019-nCoV patient.
For more information about flu prevention and care including a symptom check-list, check out Wheaton’s flu advisory pages.
For more information regarding the novel coronavirus and influenza, please refer to the following links:
Feel free to contact me if you have questions or concerns.