Dear Wheaton Community,
I hope you are well and enjoying the summer weather! I wanted to take this opportunity to provide some updates as we prepare for the fall semester.
While monitoring the evolving pandemic, including variants and changing guidance, we are still planning for a traditional, in-person semester. This means returning to a pre-pandemic level of on-campus operations, but also reimagining what we have learned over the last year and how we can apply that to what we were doing before to create a “Back to Better” environment. The Return to Campus Task Force and subcommittees are busy planning for the Fall engaging in discussions with internal and external partners, monitoring evolving guidance from public health officials, and drafting new policies and protocols.
There are still many questions to answer in the remaining weeks before students start arriving back on campus, but at this time we can reiterate:
- COVID-19 vaccination is required for all students prior to checking for the Fall semester. Students must submit a photo of their CDC vaccination card to email@example.com.
- Office spaces and classrooms will be back at full capacity.
- Residence Halls will be back at full capacity. Returning students are about to select their housing during the room selection process in July.
- Events, programs, and meetings will be permitted to be in-person.
- There will be some level of COVID-19 testing for the arrival process and Fall semester with details still to be determined.
- Students who do not feel that they can return to an in-person campus experience for the Fall 2021 semester, should contact the Dean of Advising Steve Viveiros at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 16 for a consultation on what options are available.
In addition to these plans for the Fall, the following campus policies will go into effect immediately:
- Masks/Face Coverings – Fully vaccinated individuals* are not required to wear a mask on campus. Masks or face coverings are required for unvaccinated individuals while indoors. Masks or face coverings are also required for all individuals when present in spaces or interacting with members of the summer camps on campus, who are managing different guidance for working with children.
- Summer Testing Protocol – Fully vaccinated individuals* are exempt from their required testing cadence between July 1 and August 8.
* Fully vaccinated individuals have received two doses of either the Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines or a single dose of the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) vaccine more than 14 days ago.
We will continue to provide updates on the Return to Campus website and additional communication will be sent out from a variety of offices throughout the next month to prepare for your arrival in August.
All students are required to submit their necessary health forms, proof of the COVID-19 vaccination, and all other required immunizations to email@example.com prior to moving in for the Fall 2021 semester.
We look forward to welcoming our community back to campus for a more traditional semester while continuing to prioritize the health and safety of all.
Stay safe and be well,
Chair of the Return to Campus Task Force