COVID Policy Reminders for Thanksgiving Break
- Student Affairs
- Student Health Services
Dear Wheaton Community,
We are just a few short weeks from Thanksgiving Break! In anticipation of many community members traveling for the upcoming holiday, here are some important reminders about our COVID Protocols.
Students: please refer to the email “Thanksgiving Break Housing Info and Winter Closing Sneak Peek” from Lyndsey Aguilar sent on November 2, 2021, regarding housing and dining during the Thanksgiving Break.
Test before you go
To protect your family and friends, we encourage you to get a COVID test as close to the time of your departure from campus as possible. This will allow you to get your test result prior to leaving. We have extended the testing schedule for the week prior to the holiday for your convenience, but there is no testing during the week of Thanksgiving. As such, please see the testing hours below:
- Monday, November 15 8:30 am – 4:15 pm (closed 12 pm – 1 pm)
- Tuesday, November 16 8:30 am – 4:15 pm (closed 12 pm – 1 pm)
- Wednesday, November 17 8:30 am – 4:15 pm (closed 12 pm – 1 pm)
- Thursday, November 18 8:30 am – 4:15 pm (closed 12 pm – 1 pm)
- Friday, November 19 10:00 am – 4:00 pm (closed 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm)
- Saturday, November 20 10:00 am – 4:00 pm (closed 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm)
*Please schedule your appointment in advance on the CoVerified App
Test Upon Your Return
As a reminder of current travel guidelines, all fully vaccinated students who engage in personal travel should resume their normal testing cadence upon returning to campus.
All unvaccinated students who engage in personal travel must be PCR tested within one day of your return from travel, and again 3-5 days after returning from travel. As long as you are asymptomatic and have no known exposure to an infected person, you may resume in-person work and academic activities while following college masking and physical distancing policies. For at least 7 days from the date of return, and until you receive both negative test results, avoid unmasked, close social activity, including social gatherings and dining with others.
The Testing Center will reopen on Monday, November 29, 2021, for their regular schedule, Monday through Thursday 8:30 am – 4:15 pm (closed 12 pm – 1 pm). Please schedule your appointments in advance on the CoVerified App.
With the Flu and Cold season upon us, and with the changing of the weather, we want to remind you of specific policies that have been implemented to keep the community safe. Be sure to do your part and be accountable for following these important protocols.
- Testing: All community members on campus are required to test once weekly for the remainder of the semester. For those who may be unvaccinated or under-vaccinated, it is expected that they will test twice weekly and not on back-to-back days.
- Masks: All persons on campus are required to wear a mask or face covering in any indoor space, including residence halls, dining facilities when not actively eating or drinking, classrooms, laboratories, and other instructional spaces, regardless of their vaccination status. We have recently received an increasing number of reports that masks are not being worn appropriately inside, as the policy outlines.
- Symptom Screening: Community members must complete the daily symptom check in order to receive a “cleared” status in the CoVerified app before coming to campus or leaving their residence hall each day. Students who are experiencing symptoms, regardless of vaccination status, should stay in their room, report symptoms in CoVerified, and contact Norton Medical Center to discuss the next steps.
Whether you are leaving or staying on campus, we hope you have a safe, relaxing, and enjoyable Thanksgiving Holiday Break!
Be well and stay safe,
Zachary Irish, Associate Vice President for Student Affairs
Sarah Coakley, Associate Director for College Health Administration
Raymond Harvey, Coordinator for COVID Testing and Management